Live the Life of Your Dreams

I started this blog to help others live the life of their dreams.

There is nothing like going after your dreams.

Dreams...
Motivate us when we don't want to do the work,
Keep us going when we think we are stuck,
Help us see the future more clearly,
Inspire us to stay to our purpose,
Give us reasons to succeed, and
Make the journey exciting.

I hope these will help you live the life of your dreams, inspire You to become a better person, and add value to your life.

If you want to sign up for weekly Motvational emails, just email me at: phil@philgeertesma.com.

I also have a book series available called "CREATE YOUR DREAMS" series. If you are interested, please visit http://philgeertsema.com/

Enjoy and God Bless You



Friday, September 17, 2010

WHAT DREAMS ARE YOU WORKING TOWARDS???

We all need to look forward to the future. In ten days I will be living a huge dream of mine by touring Italy with my amazing wife. From the canals of Venice to the art-covered Florence to picturesque Cinque Terre to the leaning tower of Pisa to majestic Rome. I have been looking forward to this trip for two years. During difficult moments, I have thought of the great times I will have in Italy. One thing that allowed me to endure through the difficulties and the disappointment is looking forward to the future I was creating . I promised my wife and myself that we would go to Italy when I hit Hall of Fame. The hard work has paid off. The long days were worth it. I hit my goal. I am glad I took the necessary sacrifices.

Are you making the necessary sacrifices today so you can live the life of your dreams? Are you putting in the work today so you can see your dreams come to fruition? Are you doing what’s necessary in order to live the life you have always wanted? One great way to make sure we do these things is not to just have goals to hit, but dreams to accomplish. Not just any ordinary dreams. Big dreams. What are your big dreams? Go to Italy. Tour Paris. See the pyramids. Walk the Great Wall. Visit ancient ruins. See Stonehenge. Dream big dreams and tie them into your current goals. I wanted to hit Hall of Fame, and I really wanted to go to Italy. Tie your goals into your dreams together.

I have accomplished more dreams in the past three years than in the summation of the previous years I was on this planet. I took three steps to accomplish this. First, I wrote down my dreams. All of them. I now have more than three hundred dreams in twelve different categories. What are your dreams? Second, I tied my dreams into my goals. I looked at my dreams and figured which of them I could accomplish in a certain period of time if I worked hard and overcame the obstacles. Because of this I have taken fourteen vacations in the past three years. I tied my vacation dreams (and many other types of dreams) into my goals. Have you written down your dreams? Third, I looked at my dreams and my goals often. So often we get discouraged. So often we get sidetracked. Keep your goals in front of you. Keep your dreams in front of you. Let your dreams encourage you to persist. Let your dreams help you to endure. Don’t let distractions affect your resolve and your effort.

I hope you realize you can change your life. Realize the fact that you can live the life of your dreams. Start today. Intertwine your goals and your dreams. We should all have dreams we are reaching for so when we run into difficulty, we can look toward the future. At times, it seemed like my dreams wouldn’t come true. At times, it seemed like I wouldn’t hit my big goals. I sometimes doubted myself. I doubted my abilities. But I never doubted my resolve. I never doubted my passion for my dreams. I never doubted the fact that I could change my life. Dream big dreams. Write them down. Keep them with you. Tie a bond so strong between your goals and your dreams that no matter what obstacles get in your way, they will never break through. Create the life of your dreams. God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment